Brendan Fogarty BSc MB FRCS(Plast) FRCSI
Consultant in Plastic Surgery & Lead Clinician for Plastic Surgery, The Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast
– Clinically active consultant plastic surgeon appointed 2005.
– Formal medico-legal training and 10 yr experience of medico-legal practice.
– FRCS (Plast) examination setting committee member.
– General reconstructive interest covering all soft tissue and hand injuries.
– Wide area of international publications/presentations on
- scar reconstruction
- hand trauma
Membership of learned societies
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS)
- British Burns Association (BBA)
- International Society for Burn Injuries (ISBI)
- Collegiate member of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI)
- Collegiate member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS Eng)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
I have been asked to be involved in a number of programmes focusing on reconstructive surgery including:
Superdocs http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00hk873 http://www.fogartyplasticsurgery.com BBC Northern Ireland, December 2009.
An hour long episode that focused on reconstructive surgery and following on facial scar reconstruction.
BBC Northern Ireland Newsline http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-23975803 5th September 2013. News item focusing on facial reconstruction.