Statement of Purpose - Summary
Effective date: 11.05.16
Next reviewed: 18.11.22
Malone Medical Chambers Limited is a partnership of three Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons – Mr Christopher Paul Nolan, Mr Eddie Cooke and Mr Neill Thompson.
All three directors have previously held substantive NHS posts as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons and they continue to participate in the CPD and appraisal process.
The Practice Manager is Miss Liz Shaw who has over thirty years’ experience of administrative/secretarial roles in both public and private sector posts, including eighteen years NHS and private healthcare experience and has been employed as Practice Manager of Malone Medical Chambers Limited since its opening in February 2007. Relevant qualifications: Higher National Certificate in Business, BTEC National Certificate in Business and Finance. firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative / Reception staff
Mrs Geraldine Kelly
Ms Sarah Devlin
Aims and Objectives
- Provide an excellent standard of private healthcare and medico-legal reporting
- Promote the wellbeing of patients, staff and clinic users
- Involve patients in any decision-making process
- Offer a welcoming, friendly, patient-centred environment
- Ensure appropriate and effective infection control standards in clinical areas
- Ensure all clinicians hold the necessary qualifications and are affiliated to the appropriate bodies
- Ensure that patients and staff are treated without prejudice
- To operate on a financially sound basis in accordance with legislative requirements
Malone Medical Chambers Limited is an independent clinic which offers both private and medico-legal appointments. Consulting rooms are available to rent and are suitable for private practice, medicolegal clients and occupational health and insurance examinations.
- Private orthopaedic consultations including steroid injections
- Medico-legal reporting
- Central location close to all major hospitals and private x-ray and MRI facilities
- Ophthalmology equipment
- Ultrasound scanner
- Online hosted version of DGL Practice Manager
- Free on-site parking and disabled access
- Coffee/Tea facilities
Patient satisfaction surveys are carried out periodically in order to provide the opportunity for patient feedback regarding their care and treatment in Malone Medical Chambers.
There is a Complaints Procedure in place and we endeavour to respond to any complaints in a timely and effective manner.
Malone Medical Chambers Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Patient confidentiality is at the forefront of our service. The clinic supports the eight principles of the Data Protection Act 1998/GDPR and staff are aware of how to deal with requests for patient information. Patient information is managed appropriately and patient details are stored in a secure manner and are disposed of securely.
Screens are available in consulting rooms to ensure the dignity of patients. A chaperone is available at the request of a patient or a treating clinician.
Patient consultation regarding the operation of the clinic is facilitated by the completion of patient satisfaction questionnaires.
Malone Medical Chambers Limited is located on the Malone Road and is easily accessible from the M1 motorway and from all major routes throughout Belfast.
Complaints Policy – Malone Medical Chambers Limited
Malone Medical Chambers Limited views complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve, as well as a chance to put things right for the person that has made the complaint.
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone making a complaint
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint
- To make sure everyone at Malone Medical Chambers knows what to do if a complaint is received
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely manner
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired
- To gather information which helps us improve what we do
Definition of a Complaint
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of Malone Medical Chambers Limited.
Where Complaints Come From
Complaints may come from patients, solicitors, medical practitioners or any person or organisation who has a legitimate interest in Malone Medical Chambers Limited. A complaint can be received verbally, by phone, by email or in writing.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, telling only those who need to know and following any relevant GDPR requirements.
Overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with the Practice Manager.
This policy is reviewed regularly and updated as required.
Adopted on: 08.04.16
Contact Details for Complaints:
Written complaints may be sent to:-
- Malone Medical Chambers Limited at 142 Malone Road, Belfast, BT9 5LH or by e-mail at email@example.com. Verbal complaints may be made by phone to 02890 667676 or in person to any Malone Medical Chambers staff
- Patients may wish to refer any complaints to the General Medical Council or to the Patient and Client Council (contact details below).
General Medical Council (GMC)
Bedford House, 16-22 Bedford St, Belfast BT2 7FD
Patient and Client Council
1st Floor, Ormeau Baths, 18 Ormeau Avenue, Belfast, BT2 8HS
Telephone: 0800 917 0222
Malone Medical Chambers Limited is regulated by:
The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority
9th Floor, Riverside Tower, 5 Lanyon Place, Belfast, BT1 3BT.
Tel: 028 90 517500