Healthier Weight are delighted to consult within the Malone Medical Chambers to offer weight loss surgery services in Northern Ireland. As the UK’s leading weight loss specialists since 2003, Healthier Weight has helped thousands to lose weight and change their lives forever.
If you are unhappy with your weight and have tried diets without success, weight loss surgery can be a very effective option. To find out if you could be eligible, enquire online or call 0800 313 4618. Weight loss consultations at the Malone Medical Chambers are free and without obligation.
Mr Markos Daskalakis, Consultant general and Upper GI Surgeon MD, PhD, FRCS
Mr Daskalakis is a General and Upper GI consultant Surgeon at Heartlands Hospital, part of University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust. He has received extensive obesity surgery training both in the UK and abroad. He has published widely on this topic receiving more than 1200 citations so far. Operating out of Spire Parkway Hospital, Birmingham he is specially trained in gastric bypass and gastric sleeve surgery.
Operating out of Spire Parkway Hospital, Birmingham he is specially trained in gastric bypass and gastric sleeve surgery.
- MD, PhD in medicine.
- Became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 2016.
- Trained in laparoscopic and bariatric surgery in the surgical department of the Krankenhaus Sachsenhausen Frankfurt, Germany; Centre of Excellence for bariatric surgery under Prof. R. Weiner.
- He developed skills in laparoscopic and bariatric surgery as senior Clinical Fellow in the Upper GI Unit at Heartlands Hospital in Birmingham.
- He has published pioneer research regarding action mechanisms of Sleeve gastrectomy.
- His main interests include laparoscopic cholecystectomy, laparoscopic hiatal (anti-reflux) surgery, laparoscopic groin hernia repair and bariatric surgery.
Procedures and specialisms
- Gastric bypass surgery
- Gastric Sleeve surgery
- Gallbladder / gallstone removal
- Hernia surgery
Current positions and membership
- GMC Number: 6133078
- General and Upper GI Consultant Surgeon at Heartlands Hospital, part of the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS FT, since November 2015.
- Fellow of the Royal college of Surgeons since 2016.
- Member of IFSO (international Federation for surgery of Obesity and metabolic Disorders) since 2006.
- Member of AUGIS/BOMSS
Mrs Sam Dickson
Mrs Dickson qualified as a nurse in 2001 gaining a diploma in Nursing studies and a BSc in Health Studies from Queens University, Belfast. For 6 years Sam worked for an established cosmetic surgery provider across Northern Ireland and in the Republic of Ireland. She specialises in weight loss surgery and is highly experienced in providing pre and post-operative care for patients undergoing weight loss surgery.
Mrs Sam Dickson joined the Healthier Weight team of bariatric nurses in 2015. She is available for weight loss consultations and aftercare including weight loss reviews and gastric band adjustments.
To book a private gastric band adjustment or weight loss consultation with Mrs Dickson, please call 0800 313 4618.